My little grand babies

My little grand babies

Friday, October 7, 2011

My first coupon run at Harris Teeter for October

Tonight around 11pm it hit me that I had not done my Harris Teeter run. It involves lots of coupons and planning.

It helps that I always check www.southernsavers.com which is a great website for organizing your list. I decided I would use my 20 coupons on a few selected items that were going to be deeply discounted. I chose 10 boxes of Kelloggs Raisin Bran, 10 boxes of Barilla Pasta, 10 cans of Progresso Soup, 2 bottles of Tide detergent and 3 bags of Alexia Frozen fries (which are not pictured due to an error on my part). Oh yeah, one Suave shampoo for my husband who has been using mine since I haven't bought shampoo for him in a while. The shampoo was on sale but I did not have a coupon.

My total out of pocket was $37.12 however, that will be reduced to $27.14 once I return the Alexia Frozen fries. I mistakenly got the higher priced one and didn't realize it when I was at the register, because the very nice lady named Susan who rang me up said, 'Harris Teeter wasn't going to let me use all 5 coupons for 10 of my Barilla pasta because the pasta was buy 2 get 3 free.' Why do these stores make it so difficult? We didn't invent these coupons. The manufacturers make them and the stores get reimbursed for them. The store ads even tell us how to save by using coupons.

Anyway, the night manager straightened it all out and I did get to use them all. I did not go over my 20 coupon limit and I did have more than 20 items. Now the bottom line, I saved $79.32! If my mother were only alive....she would be so proud! She was a coupon queen before it ever became fashionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment