My little grand babies

My little grand babies

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Holiday For Her



Do you ever wish their was a holiday for you? Well, every year in November at our church we have an event called, "Holiday for Her." It is a ladies only event. Each table is decorated in a different holiday. We have a special guest speaker and a very nice catered dinner. The men get all gussied up in their black and white, and serve the ladies. Wow!

In previous years we have had upwards of 500 women attend. I believe the first one I attended about 9 years ago had about half that amount.I can't remember all the names of our guest speakers, but they are always interesting and each year I feel so blessed by what the Lord has laid on their hearts. I have attended and hosted a table 9 years in a row. This year will be a little different because I will not be hosting a table, but will be sitting at my daughter's table instead. Each host provides all the decorations for her table including plates, goblets, etc. Even though each table is decorated in a different holiday, a few years I have opted out of an official holiday and just decorated with something I thought the ladies would enjoy.

I am always amazed at how creative people are and how lovely and diverse all the tables are, but the most important thing is how women are touched by the message God lays on the hearts of our speakers. I would encourage anyone out there who doesn't do this at their church to organize an event like this one. It is a great opportunity to invite a family member, a friend or a neighbor who may need a little pampering. I promise you and your guests will be blessed. Above is a picture of our table from 2009. I used flowers and a lots of candles. It is so nice, and every year I wished I had invited more people to attend. If you have any questions just leave a comment.


3 comments:

  1. Hey look mom, you have a follower!! Ha ha! Looking forward to H4H this year and to hosting my first table. Can't wait to see it all come together and what everyone else comes up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being my first follower...I mean after all it is the least you can do for your mom. :) After all I did feed you for the first 20 years of your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was such a lovely table :) And who did the wonderful napkin folding?

    ReplyDelete